EthosEnergy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.Apply
|Ethos Position Reference||EPR004964|
|Position Title||Facility Manager - Guernsey Power|
Guernsey Power Station is a $1.6 Billion, 1,875MW (net), 3x1x1 GE 7HA.02 Combined Cycle facility under construction in Guernsey County, OH. The Facility Manager will be responsible for providing management direction and leadership to ensure that the facility is operated in a safe, reliable, and economic manner consistent with site O&M agreement, contracts, permits, and rules, regulations and instructions from the facility Owner. This position reports directly to the Regional Operations Director and provides for the main interface to the Owner's representative for the facility.
- Ensure the facility is operated in a safe manner and ensure that a safe work environment is provided and maintained to minimize the risk of accidents and injuries.
- Oversee all environmental reporting and testing activities and ensure that required environmental programs are properly implemented and that the facility maintains full compliance with all permits.
- Oversee all NERC and Regulatory reporting requirements.
- Compliance with all company policies, procedures, and commercial commitments.
- Implement programs and activities that provide a work environment that promotes effective goal accomplishment, productivity, and morale.
- Optimize plant performance through appropriate utilization of manpower, equipment, supplies and external support.
- Recruit, supervise and manage the facility staff to meet the goals and objectives of the facility and company. Provide coaching, training, and development opportunities for the team to ensure appropriate skill sets are maintained. This includes the implementation and scheduling of training programs that cover operations, maintenance, safety, and regulatory areas.
- Prepare the annual budget and facility operating plan.
- Responsible for purchasing, inventory, cost control and cost management.
- Prepare monthly reports detailing significant plant activities and updates on the facility operating plan. This includes the preparation of budget variance reports.
- Communicate effectively with the site staff, management, facility owner, vendors, and outside agencies.
- Provide scheduled internal updates to EthosEnergy covering significant issues and events at the project.
- Actively engage the Owner in understanding their needs and expectations and demonstrate effective management skills in meeting or exceeding these needs and expectations.
- Responsible for the enforcement and compliance with the operations and maintenance agreement.
- Prepare and submit to the facility Owner, in a timely, manner all reports and information required under the terms of the O&M agreement.
- Provide recommendations to the Owner on plant upgrades and enhancements that would improve the reliability, performance, safety, or environmental readiness of the plant. The recommendations should include a cost benefit analysis.
- Oversee the planning and implementation of maintenance and outage activities. Provide outage reports to the Owner summarizing significant events of outages.
Required Skills / Knowledge
- Demonstrated track record of successful goal achievement.
- A thorough demonstrated understanding of power plant operations, including a working knowledge of the operations & maintenance functions.
- A working knowledge of chemistry as it relates to plant operations as well as environmental and water treatment programs and statutory regulations.
- Understand budgets, bid proposals, contracts and LTSA, basic accounting principles, plant economics and power pool operations.
- Knowledge of ISO markets, PJM a plus.
- Demonstrate the ability to make competent decisions in emergency situations.
- Demonstrate the ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings, electrical one-lines, logic drawings, and technical manuals.
- Ability to solve practical problems, clearly communicate tasks and needs, and training of other personnel.
- Knowledge of Quality Programs and tools.
- Analyses and interprets data to make sound professional judgments and recommendations.
- Ability to manage and motivate a team of 26 employees.
- Demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills.
- Competent computer skills with experience in using Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project.
- Experience operating and maintaining large frame gas turbines.
- Experience in Startup and Operations of a Combined Cycle Power Plant.
- A substantial number of year’s relevant experience, with a significant proportion of this in a management position.
- A four-year degree or commensurate experience.
- Ohio Stationary Engineer License, or willingness to attain.
Byesville, OH, USA