- Products & Services /
- Gas Turbines OEM – FIAT / Avio & Mature Westinghouse /
- Gas Turbine Upgrades & Optimization /
- Gas Turbine Site Operational Audit & Review
Gas Turbine Site Operational Audit & Review
Optimization & Upgrades
Site Operational Audit & Review (S.O.A.R.)- Westinghouse Gas Turbine
EthosEnergy’s Engineering Site Operational Audit & Review (S.O.A.R.) is a three phase process, with the objective of evaluating the general condition of the Customer’s gas turbine and associated auxiliary systems. Phase 1 includes research and review of frame literature and history, in conjunction with specific unit history. Phase 2 includes an on-site review and evaluation of the unit and auxiliaries, and the final Phase produces a comprehensive report of the findings with recommendations.
Phase 1 – Technical Literature and History Research / Review
EthosEnergy’s gas turbine engineering staff will perform a complete literature review specific for the subject unit. This review will analyze the existing service history of the gas turbine package, the configuration, and the commonalities and differences to the Siemens / EthosEnergy experience base with similar frame gas turbines. The goal of the review is to identify potential service issues or upgrades that would improve reliability, availability, power, efficiency, maintainability, operability and overall customer satisfaction with this product.
Phase 2 – Site Operational Audit & Review
A Mechanical Engineer and (as required) Electrical Engineer will travel to site to conduct a three tiered review. Firstly, the engineers will record relevant site configuration data for future reference and then they will perform an external visual inspection of key gas turbine, generator, and auxiliary components. Secondly, discussions with site personnel and review of site documentation will be undertaken to augment the literature review. Finally, the engineer(s) will witness and record data from the startup and operation of the gas turbine(s).
The following areas are recommended for varying degrees of internal inspection to evaluate the general overall condition of the unit:
• Gas turbine inlet filter house and duct work
• Inlet section and visible portions of the compressor inlet
• Portion of the combustion section. (EthosEnergy can perform a Borescope inspection of the turbine section, as an optional adder, as deemed required for the unit involved.)
• Exhaust section and visible portions of the turbine outlet
• Gas turbine exhaust system and duct work
• Applicable gearbox(s) (through inspection cover only)
• Pressure switch and gauge (PS&G) cabinet (as applicable)
• Electrical / generator package
Preparation for the inspections and gas turbine operation will be reviewed with the assigned engineers and the customer prior to travel to site to ensure that the maximum benefit can be achieved from the site visit.
Phase 3 – S.O.A.R. Report
The EthosEnergy Engineers involved will generate a single, integrated report that details their findings and presents technical recommendations, as required. This report will serve as a valuable tool to the customer and often forms the basis for future discussions regarding service, repairs, available upgrades, and troubleshooting. The report / recommendations would also reflect the expected future operational requirements and duration of the specific site, which in some cases may include extended engine life.
• Potential engine availability, reliability and performance improvements
• Improve or re-establish a base line for site / engine status, allowing information based planning